Friday, May 6, 2011

Reformulating the Foot Scrub

As usual, any company faces issues before they fully launch. This time, ours is a formula that we've been working on for the pumice foot scrub. I just don't like the entire thing. I'm very hard on my feet since once of my hobbies involve dancing and I avoid shoes usually. I wanted to create a foot scrub that would work on my calloused heels (good luck!) 

There are a couple of "must haves" in the scrub. Peppermint, of course. Also finely ground pumice. the pumice could have been a coarser grind but not everyone needs to slough away callouses. Some just need maintenance. A fine grind of the pumice makes sure all sides of the spectrum are happy. 

After that, it's figuring out what works best. I had a creamier base in mind, but it felt like gritty lotion. Ew. A base with essential oils and moisturizing extracts worked much better. The problem? It needs a little more moisture. Don't you hate it when you use a foot scrub and your feet still feel dry? I do too! I want something that really locks in the moisture after it's used. 

So, we're back to the drawing board on this and we'll have a solution for it very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment